1. Unless you have already collected the keys to the accommodation, you may cancel your booking by writing or sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com at any time during the 14 days after you agreed and signed the terms and conditions of your agreement (the 14 Day Cooling-Off Period). If you do that, we will make no charge and will return your Security Deposit to you.
2. You may cancel your booking before 31 July 2018 by writing or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel with the Cooling Off Period, your Security Deposit will be returned and otherwise it will be retained but there will be no other charges or penalties.
3. On or after 31 July 2018, unless you are still within the 14 Day Cooling-Off Period and have not collected the keys to your accommodation, you will have to pay all amounts due under your Tenancy Agreement unless a replacement Tenant is found for your Room or you enter into a New Tenancy. Please note we will retain your Security Deposit.
If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement from the start date of the replacement Tenant’s new Tenancy Agreement. If you have occupied the Room prior to this, you will be charged £150.00 + VAT to cover our costs of preparing the Room for the replacement Tenant. If no replacement Tenant is found for your Room we will retain your Security Deposit until all amounts due under your Tenancy Agreement have been paid.
4. No Place No Pay Applicable to 1st year students only
If you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your preferred University / Higher Education Institution is withdrawn by the University / Higher Education Institution as a result of you not achieving their required entry grades, you may be eligible to be released from this agreement.
To apply to be released from this agreement in the circumstances referred to above, you will need to supply us with a copy of:
- A written rejection letter from your chosen university /college or UCAS; or
- A screen shot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved.
These document(s) must be received by us within 7 calendar days from the date your results are published.
Please email the documentation to email@example.com. On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund your deposit and any monies received in full.